Welcome to Text My Biz, a service provided by Text My Biz Incorporated ("Text My Biz", "we", "our", or "us").
1. Your Relationship With Text My Biz
By using the Textmybiz.com ("Website"), our mobile, desktop, tablet apps (our "Apps") and all related end clients, widgets, tools, applications, data, software, APIs and other services provided by Text My Biz (the "Services"), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions ("Terms of Service").
2. Accepting the Agreement
IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH ENTITY, ITS AFFILIATES, AND ALL USERS WHO ACCESS OUR SERVICES THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, IN WHICH CASE THE TERMS "YOU" OR "YOUR" SHALL REFER TO SUCH ENTITY, ITS AFFILIATES, AND USERS ASSOCIATED WITH IT. IF YOU DO NOTHAVE SUCH AUTHORITY, OR IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES.
If Text My Biz makes material changes to the Agreement, we may or may not notify you by email or by posting a notice on our site before the changes are effective. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Platform, including the release of new tools or resources, shall be subject to the Agreement. Continued use of the Platform after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE TERMS BELOW WILL RESULT IN THE TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT.
1. You may not use the Platform and may not accept the Agreement if you are not of legal age to form a contract with Text My Biz, or you are a person or entity barred from receiving Services under the laws of the United States or other countries including the country in which you or from which you use the Services.
2. You must be a human. Accounts registered by "bots" or other automated methods are not permitted.
3. You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright or trademark laws).
3. Description of the Platform
The Platform is a text messaging cloud service. Registered users of the Platform can send, receive, and backup text messages and contacts ("Content"), which will be stored by Text My Biz. Content created or uploaded to Text My Biz will be made available on end clients or Services associated with the Platform. Content available on Text My Biz can be shared with other registered users or non-registered users at your discretion.
4. Payments, Refunds, Upgrading, and Downgrading Terms
1. All premium Services require a valid credit card at time of registration.
2. Text My Biz reserves the right to immediately bill you when you upgrade to a premium service plan.
3. Services are billed following any free trial period, in advance on a monthly basis and are non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with a valid or activated account.
4. All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes.
5. For any upgrade or downgrade changes made to your account, your credit card provided by you will automatically be charged the new rate on your next billing cycle.
6. Downgrading your Service may cause the loss of content, features, or capacity of your Account. Text My Biz does not accept any liability for such losses.
5. Cancellation and Termination
1. You are solely responsible for properly canceling your Account. An email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone request is required to cancel your account. Your account is officially cancelled upon receiving a confirmation number.
2. All of your Content will be immediately deleted from the Service upon cancellation. This information cannot be restored in the future if you choose to register for the Service in the future.
3. If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately and will not be charged again.
4. Text My Biz, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your Account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other Text My Biz service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. Text My Biz reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
5. Text My Biz shall not be liable to you or to any third party due to your Account being cancelled or terminated, including Accounts terminated by Text My Biz due to violation of the Agreement.
6. Modifications to the Service and Prices
1. Text My Biz reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
2. Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30 day notice. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to Text My Biz Site (textmybiz.com), the Service itself, or through email.
3. Text My Biz shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
7. Copyright and Content Ownership
1. "Text My Biz" is a registered trademark of Text My Biz, Inc.
2. Unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with Text My Biz, you may not use any of Text My Biz's trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, icons, images, domain names, and other distinctive brand features.
4. We claim no copyright or intellectual property rights over the Content uploaded or created by you within the Service.
8. Account Level Security
1. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. Text My Biz cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with security obligation.
2. You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Text My Biz passwords.
3. You agree that you will be solely responsible to Text My Biz for all activities that occur under your account.
4. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account, you agree to notify Text My Biz immediately at email@example.com .
10. Exclusion of Warranties
1. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE." WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AND TEXT MY BIZ HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED
2. TEXT MY BIZ DOESN'T REPRESENT OR WARRANT TO YOU THAT (A) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (B) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR FREE FROM ERROR, AND (C) ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE.
11. Limitation of Liability
1. TEXT MY BIZ MAY TERMINATE OR MAKE CHANGES TO ALL OR ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICIES AT ANY TIME AND WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY.
2. TEXT MY BIZ SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR:
A. ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY. THIS SHALL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS OF PROFIT (WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY), ANY LOSS OF GOODWILL OR BUSINESS REPUTATION, ANY LOSS OF DATA SUFFERED, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS;
B. THE DELETION OF, CORRUPTION OF, OR FAILURE TO STORE, ANY COMMUNICATIONS DATA MAINTAINED OR TRANSMITTED BY OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES;
C. YOUR FAILURE TO PROVIDE ZIPHWHIP WITH ACCURATE ACCOUNT INFORMATION;
D. YOUR FAILURE TO KEEP YOUR PASSWORD OR ACCOUNT DETAILS SECURE AND CONFIDENTIAL;
12. General Conditions
Text My Biz continuously makes changes to the Platform in order to provide the best possible experience for its users. You accept and agree that the form and nature of the Services which Text My Biz provides may change without prior notice. Continued use of the Platform after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
1. As part of this constant innovation Text My Biz may stop providing the Services (or any features within the Services) to you or to users at Text My Biz's sole discretion, without prior notice to you. You may stop using the Services at any time.
2. In order to access certain Services or use them on an ongoing basis, you may be required to provide information about yourself (such as mobile number or contact details) as part of the registration process for the Service, or as part of your continued use of the Platform. You agree that any registration information you give to Text My Biz will always be accurate, correct and up to date. Failure to provide the correct information shall result in account deactivation.
3. You accept and agree that for any reason Text My Biz may disable your account and prevent you from accessing the Platform, your account details or any data (i.e., messages, etc.) contained or associated with your account.
4. You agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of the Services by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Text My Biz, unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with Text My Biz. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of the Services through any automated means (including use of any scripts, web crawlers, spiders, robots, site/search retrieval application) especially for the creation of user accounts.
5. Messaging is not limited for inbound and outbound messages. Message flow, inbound and outbound, are throttled as defined by the package purchased. In addition, message ratio must be no more than three outbound messages to one inbound message. You accept and agree that limits may be set at any time, at Text My Biz's discretion. There is an enforced Acceptable Use Policy you must adhere to and accept by agreeing to the Terms of Service. There are rules FCC, MMA, and CTIA policy and laws around text messaging spam that will be strictly enforced.
6. Messages shall be deemed to have been delivered when Text My Biz delivers the messages to the immediate destination, including mobile telephone networks, or any other intermediary server/API that is designated as the point of delivery for the message. Text My Biz does not guarantee delivery on behalf of mobile carriers.
7. Although Text My Biz provides extensive text messaging coverage including all major U.S. mobile carriers, Text My Biz makes no guarantees to its network coverage.
8. Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
9. Support for Text My Biz services is predominantly only available in English.
10. You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with, disrupts, damages, impairs, or disables the Services (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Services).
11. You understand that Text My Biz uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
12. You agree not to harass or advocate harassment of another person or entity. You agree to never impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent in any way your affiliation with a person or entity. You agree to never send text messages to unknown mobile numbers or to mass text unsolicited persons.
13. Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Text My Biz customer, employee, or member will result in immediate account termination.
14. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
15. You understand that Text My Biz messaging Services act only as a Platform for users to send text messages to a contact(s) mobile phone and that Text My Biz does not itself verify the content of messages sent by users or messages received by users. Text My Biz cannot and does not assume responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, safety, reliability, timeliness, innocuousness, legality or applicability of any text message sent to a mobile number or received by any user. Text message at your own risk.
16. Unless you have been specifically permitted to do so in a separate agreement with Text My Biz, you agree that you will not modify, adapt, reverse engineer, reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the Services for any purpose.
17. You expressly understand and agree that Text My Biz shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Text My Biz has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
18. You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that Text My Biz has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any breach of your obligations under the Terms and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which Text My Biz may suffer) of any such breach. 19. If any court of law, having the jurisdiction to decide on this matter, rules that any provision of these Terms is invalid, then that provision will be removed from the Terms without affecting the rest of the Terms. The remaining provisions of the Terms will continue to be valid and enforceable.
21. Your relationship with Text My Biz under the Terms, shall be governed by the laws of the State of Washington. You and Text My Biz agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of King, Washington to resolve any legal matter arising from the Terms. You agree that Text My Biz shall still be allowed to apply for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any jurisdiction.
22. You shall defend Text My Biz against any claim, demand, suit or proceedings made or brought on against Text My Biz by a third partying alleging that Your Content or Your use of the Service in violation of this Agreement, infringes or violates applicable law, and shall indemnify Text My Biz of any damages finally awarded against and for the reasonable attorney's fees incurred by, Text My Biz in connection with any such claim, demand, suit or proceeding; provided, that Text My Biz (a) promptly gives You written notice of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding; (b) gives You sole control of the defense and settlement of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding (provided that You may not settle any claim, demand, suit or proceeding unless the settlement unconditionally releases Text My Biz of all liability); and (c) provide to You all reasonable assistance, at Your expense.
23. Questions about the Agreement should be sent firstname.lastname@example.org.
Text My Biz Acceptable Use Policy
This document is an extension of Text My Biz's Terms of Service and is a part of Text My Biz's overall Agreement.
Text My Biz provides a text messaging service for customers to extend text messaging beyond the mobile phone. Users of the Text My Biz Service can send texts from the Text My Biz Platform via our Web, Desktop, and Tablet apps. Advanced users can use the Text My Biz API with their Text My Biz Account. With great power comes great responsibility. By signing up for Text My Biz you agree to adhere to Text My Biz's Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy.
Using the Text My Biz Service for spam will result in your account being deactivated immediately. We take spam and unsolicited messaging very seriously. Text messaging (SMS and MMS) is a regulated medium. There are a number of governing bodies that help to protect the consumer from spam. Text My Biz builds safeguards into our Service to protect consumers. As a User of the Platform You are also responsible for respecting the governing laws. As a user of Text My Biz, You are agreeing to be a good citizen of the Platform.
Below are a number of groups, agencies, and nonprofit organizations that help to protect consumers from spam. They also provide general guidelines for using text messaging for anything beyond just a conversation between friends. There are a few philosophies that resonate between all of them.
1. Content must be age appropriate for all audiences.
2. Customers should opt-in to receive messages from you if you will be advertising to them or will be sending promotional material to them.
3. Customers should be able to opt-out of your marketing campaigns or promotional material. That is until the user opts back into the service.
4. On the initial message to the customer, it is best to provide information on how they can opt out of the service.
In an effort to protect all users, Text My Biz looks for keywords that denote a user's intention to opt-out of receiving text messages. Those keywords include, but are not limited to: stop, stopall, block, end, unsubscribe, and quit. Understand that if a message is received from the customer by Text My Biz and their response contains one of these values, you will not see the customer's response. The customer will receive an informational text message from Text My Biz, letting them know that your number has been blocked from texting. It will also give them away to undo their action if it was unintentional.
Mobile Advertising Association, MMA
The MMA is focused on the rules and guidelines specific to advertising and marketing over text messages. So if you are a planning a promotional or advertising campaign and leveraging Text My Biz to pull it off, we suggest that you adhere to the guidelines outlined by the MMA.
Here are a few files most relevant to protecting consumers:
Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association, CTIA
CTIA is a group of U.S. wireless operators and 3rd party service providers that power the text messaging infrastructure. This group also concerns itself with policies to protect the text messaging medium. Text messaging is a medium that spans a large number of service providers. CTIA has worked with the industry leaders to come up with a set of guidelines that help to protect message recipients and text messaging as a communication medium.
Here are a few links with the most relevant information:
Common Short Code Administration, CSCA
The CSCA is an organization that helps businesses fulfill their texting needs and with the help of CTIA has come up a rule set that addresses concerns of programs texting wireless customers. Similar to CTIA, the CSCA expands the best practices of the industry and helps to apply it to text messages generated programmatically rather than peer-to-peer, like when a mobile phone user texts another mobile phone user.
Here is a link to the CSCA's best practices:
1. http://www.usshortcodes.com/csc_best_practices.html F ederal Communications Commission, FCC
Text messages sent to consumers, especially those programmatically sent; have to adhere to guidelines established in the Telephone Consumer Protection Act and the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act.
Below are some links to an overview of the laws and then the specific laws themselves
Volume of Messages
As a user of Text My Biz you can easily reach a large quantity of customers very quickly. Similar to the spam policies in place, Text My Biz will throttle message volume on accounts deemed to be sending spam messages.
Questions or Support
We understand that there are quite a few rules to read and absorb. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track user movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
This information is gathered for all visitors. In addition, we store certain information from your browser using "cookies." A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's computer tied to information about the user. This allows our server to recognize your computer and any settings you created on our sites. It restores those settings so you don't have to enter the same information every time you visit. We use session ID cookies to confirm that users are logged in and keep you logged in until you log out. By default, we use a persistent cookie that stores your login ID and password to make it easier for you to login when you return to use the Text My Biz service. You can remove or block this cookie using the settings in your browser if you want to disable this convenience feature.
When using Text My Biz you may sign up and setup your account, send messages, create contacts, and receive messages. We retain this information so that, for instance, you can return to view prior messages you have sent or easily see your Contacts. When you update information, we usually keep a backup copy of the prior version for a reasonable period of time to enable any legal audits of that information.
Text My Biz takes precautions including administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Your account information is located on a secured server behind a firewall.
Text My Biz takes your privacy extremely serious. We do not sell or rent your contact information to other marketers.
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate these guidelines to Text My Biz employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company. We ensure only authorized legal personnel have access to message data. Other personal information is available for authorized Text My Biz employees for the purpose of troubleshooting support requests. We make your mobile device type available to other Text My Biz users that have entered your mobile number as a contact.
There are times when it may be advantageous for Text My Biz to make certain personal information about you available to companies that Text My Biz has a strategic relationship with or that perform work for Text My Biz to provide products and services to you on our behalf. These companies are also obligated to protect your personal information in accordance with Text My Biz's policies.
We may be required to disclose user information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. We do not reveal information until we have a good faith belief that an information request by law enforcement or private litigants meets applicable legal standards. Additionally, we may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the Text My Biz service or using the Text My Biz name, or to prevent imminent bodily harm. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies.